Oliver Johnson, Environmental and Social Manager
Oliver is based in the London office and has primary responsibility for the environmental and social (E&S) due diligence of projects and ensuring that E&S safeguards are applied consistently to all projects. His experience covers infrastructure projects across EMEA, completing E&S assessments in accordance with national requirements and those of DFIs.
Prior to joining eleQtra, he spent nearly four years as an ESIA Project Manager at Dar Group where he carried out impact assessments and provided sustainability expertise on a wide range of infrastructure projects, including the ESIA for a 50 MW wind farm in Senegal being developed by eleQtra. Prior to this, he worked in the Environment, Climate and Social Office at the European Investment Bank (EIB) as part of the Climate Change Team. Responsibilities included mainstreaming climate change assessments into project due diligence and developing the strategy for Climate Action lending, accounting for over 25% of the Bank’s total annual lending. Oliver’s experience of working in engineering consultancy, international finance and for a developer gives him a unique insight into the application of environmental and social safeguards for projects.
Oliver holds an MSc in Sustainability from the University of Leeds, a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Kent and a Bachelor of Business Management (La License Sciences de Gestion) from the University of Lyon.
- eleQtra partner Richard Parry talks about all equity project 29th November 2016
- Game Changing Technologies interview with CEO Gad Cohen 30th June 2016
- USTDA Awards Two Power Africa Grants to Ghanaian Energy Developers 27th June 2016
- FOUR-WAY PARTNERSHIP SIGNED FOR ALL-EQUITY HYDRO AND SOLAR PROJECT IN ZAMBIA 23rd June 2016
- InfraCo Africa sells 2.5MW wind stake to AFC 19th February 2016