Oliver Johnson, Environmental and Social Manager
Oliver Johnson has primary responsibility for the environmental and social (E&S) due diligence of projects and ensuring that E&S safeguards are applied consistently to all projects. His experience covers infrastructure projects across EMEA, completing E&S assessments in accordance with national requirements and those of DFIs.
Prior to joining eleQtra, Oliver was an ESIA Project Manager at Dar Group where he carried out impact assessments and provided sustainability expertise on a wide range of infrastructure projects, including the ESIA for a 50 MW wind farm in Senegal being developed by eleQtra. Prior to this, he worked in the Environment, Climate and Social Office at the European Investment Bank (EIB) as part of the Climate Change Team. His responsibilities included mainstreaming climate change assessments into project due diligence and developing the strategy for Climate Action lending, accounting for over 25% of the Bank’s total annual lending. Oliver’s experience of working in engineering consultancy, international finance and for a developer gives him a unique insight into the application of environmental and social safeguards for projects.
Oliver Johnson holds an MSc in Sustainability from the University of Leeds, a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Kent and a Bachelor of Business Management (La License Sciences de Gestion) from the University of Lyon.
- eleQtra announces signature of a USTDA grant for its Namaacha Wind IPP plant in Mozambique 18th July 2018
- USTDA Announces Re-Opening in Côte d’Ivoire to Support Ivoirian Economy and Infrastructure Development 05th July 2018
- ENGIE and eleQtra sign an agreement for the development of a wind project in Ghana 14th June 2017
- eleQtra proudly sponsors the Africa Energy Forum 2017 18th May 2017
- eleQtra partner Richard Parry talks about all equity project 29th November 2016