Maeve O’Shea, ESG Director
Maeve O’Shea is the ESG Director for eleQtra. She has thirteen years’ experience of large-scale infrastructure project development across sub-Saharan Africa.
Prior to joining eleQtra in March 2020, Maeve led the environmental, social, health, safety and security function at Aldwych International, responsible for managing, and reporting on, these issues at both a project and corporate level. As a core member of the development team at Aldwych, she was environmental lead on numerous landmark greenfield transactions across the region, including the Amandi Combined Cycle Project in Ghana; sub-Saharan Africa’s largest wind farm – the Lake Turkana Wind Project in Kenya; and more recently the development of Chad’s first solar photovoltaic project. In addition, Maeve has held the roles of both Risk Officer and Compliance Officer for Aldwych.
Maeve is currently working across eleQtra’s portfolio of projects including the development of the Pavua Hydro Project in Mozambique and advanced stage development of the Lake Victoria Marine Transport Project, as well as on a variety of off-grid solar and other new business opportunities. Field experience in sub-Saharan Africa includes Kenya, Ghana, South Sudan, Tanzania, Côte d’Ivoire, Chad and South Africa.
Maeve graduated with an MSci in Geological Sciences from the University of Durham.
- eleQtra named as winner of Smart Communities Coalition Innovation Fund grant to provide off-grid workspaces in Uganda 18th February 2021
- eleQtra announces signature of a Memorandum of Understanding to develop a Marine Transport Project on Lake Tanganyika 03rd December 2020
- USTDA awards grant to Pabbo Hybrid Energy Storage & Generation Project in Uganda 22nd September 2020
- Solar eleQtra™ powers the Buwolero Health Center II in Uganda 20th July 2020
- eleQtra and InfraCo Africa renew their development services agreement 10th April 2020